6/12/2005

Today, I made the choice to open my eyes while laying on my mat. I looked up into the clouds and saw the layout of another land, behind the cloud cover. There was much green and high mountains, with deep valleys. It was the only thing in the sky that was not moving. All the clouds between it and me were floating south with the wind.

I saw dragons, morphing into ravens, and out of the blue, there was Eyeore, playing with a baby dragon, before morphing into a gryphon, himself. There was something serene here, even with the sudden apparition of pop-culture from my childhood. Grabbing each fantasy and letting it go as the wind took it away.

The deep blue colouring of the othersea, above me. Incense burning, the fairy-like patterns of the dragonflies chasing their prey around the hedges.

The patterns are revealing themselves, nature is taking care of me.

Reality: we have had serious drainage problems on our property for the last couple of years. As a result in the combination of heavy rains and stagnant water, we now breed mosquitos, especially the Asian Tiger Mosquito. Last year, I decided that we were going to invest in Dragonfly and Mayfly larvae to cut back on the Mosquitos that make it past the chemicals. We didn't have to invest, this year they arrived, and as the summer progresses, we will begin work to attract hummingbirds.